sweetfigs   s w e e t   f i g s

   

                in pursuit of a fruitful life

               

Thursday, April 12, 2007

The ladies at Schoolhouse Press rock!

This weekend I'll be taking a Bohus stickning workshop with Susanna Hansson.

I'm so excited about this class! I've admired the Bohus style for about 15 years, but this is my first chance to see and feel actual Bohus sweaters and study with an expert. I hope Susanna lets me take pictures!

Susanna is bringing us the yarn to make wristlets in the Blue Shimmer pattern, and all we have to do is bring our needles. Teeny tiny needles, in sizes ranging from 1.50 mm to 3.00 mm, because we don't know what we'll need to get gauge. A 2mm is smaller than a Chibi and 1.5 mm resembles a sewing needle.

A while back I had to special order the 2 mm/size 0 needles I like to use for sock knitting, so I knew it would be tough to find the 1.75 mm and 1.5 mm sizes for this class. And then I completely forgot to order them. Thankfully, my classmate Corinne reminded me about a week ago, which is just barely enough time to order and receive a package in the mail. I threw myself at the mercy of the ladies at Schoolhouse Press, and they came through! They shut early on Good Friday, but still managed to fill and mail my order before they left for the weekend.
When D handed me the package on Monday afternoon, my eyes got buggy. I should have known that the home office of Zimmermania would take care of me. I heart Schoolhouse Press. ;)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger sturdygirl said...

looking forward to hearing more about your class. I hope Susanna lets you take pictures - I am curious to see this technique up close. Also - do you have an Ott-Lite? If you are working on sewing-sized needles...you might need a bright lamp! :)

9:24 AM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

All the best to you in learning the Bohus techniques! I know you'll rock, Rachel!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Navi said...

You are so lucky! a bohus class! hope you enjoy it a lot and bring back full details and pictures if you can.

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home