sweetfigs   s w e e t   f i g s

   

                in pursuit of a fruitful life

               

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Bohus Stickning, the Myrten

I tried doing a mosaic so that these photos would load faster, but I didn't succeed. So, without further ado, here are photos of Susanna Hansson's vintage Myrten sweater with replacement button. It was designed by Kirsten Olson in 1963. The yoke was knit from the top down, then the stitches for the back, front, and sleeves were segregated and knit flat, because side seams were a sign of quality.
sweetfigs1
sweetfigs2
sweetfigs3
sweetfigs4
sweetfigs5
sweetfigs6
sweetfigs7

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Perfect! Right down to the precious pearl button.

2:31 PM  
Blogger AlisonH said...

Absolutely gorgeous.

12:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Sock Pal, I thought it was about time I dropped by and said Hi. I've been reading your blog and was really impressed with this Bohus workshop. The commitment to make these garments with such fine yarn is huge, they're fantastic. You have more patience than me I think. :)

8:29 AM  
Blogger sweetfigs said...

Ooo, my Sockapalooza pal is afoot!

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home