sweetfigs   s w e e t   f i g s

   

                in pursuit of a fruitful life

               

Monday, May 07, 2007

Bohus Stickning, the Large Lace Collar

Here's another one of the vintage sweaters in Susanna Hansson's collection, done in the Large Lace Collar pattern, which was designed in 1960 by Karin Ivarsson (click on photo for bigger):
sweetfigs13


Here's the same pattern appearing in a Bohus Stickning advert (click on photo for bigger):
P1010327

Mmmmm, do you think they intended for one to wear a matching hat, sweater and mittens gloves. Seems a bit much.

Regardless, if you've fallen in love with this striking pattern, Solveig Gustafsson is selling kits here with exquisite, hand dyed yarn for making either a pullover or jacket version. Maybe there would be enough leftovers for making a pair of those mittens gloves.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Personally, I think the matchy-matchy was quite in fashion for the period. I actually like the gloves.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Navi said...

I love the pullover!

And If I'd knit all those things I would wear them proudly, who cares about fashion? :)

12:10 AM  
Blogger Corinne said...

Where did you find that magnificent photo? That put me over. I ordered something today!

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home