sweetfigs   s w e e t   f i g s

   

                in pursuit of a fruitful life

               

Monday, November 06, 2006

Chicagoland Knit In for Dulaan Project 2007

On Saturday afternoon I took the train up to Evanston and joined Franklin and a whole slew of happy knitters at the Chicagoland Knit In for the Dulaan Project.

Franklin is a superb host! I had a great time chatting and eating and even managed to get in a little knitting.

I showed up with an array of circular needles, and cast on with some donated wool and a free Solstice Hat pattern written by Elizabeth Morriston (thank you) primarily for people who are knitting for The Dulaan Project.

PDRM2983
If I hadn't been chatting and eating so many chocolate brownies, I could have finished this hat while I was there.

If you donated some blueberry Patons Classic Merino and a bag of undyed sheepy smelling yarn, thank you. Some of your yarn became one child's hat, blocked and ready to ship to Mongolia.

I also took home some pear Debbie Bliss Chunky Merino donated by blogger Karen of Yarn Is My Metier and have been playing around with my stitch reference book. If it works out, I'll probably write out a hat pattern.PDRM2984

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I great hat! I've joined the Dulaan Brigade and will make some of these for sure.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Corinne said...

I wish I had been there instead of the Fine Art of Fiber! You all at least had fun.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home