sweetfigs   s w e e t   f i g s

   

                in pursuit of a fruitful life

               

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

FO Report -- Odessa

I just sent this hat to my mom for her birthday.

She's about to spend her second year in northern Bavaria, which, as near as I can tell, has winter weather like Chicago's.

I picked out this color to set off her lovely blue eyes, and I think she'll like the softness of the yarn and the little bling-y beads. She's always appreciated my handmade creations, so the best part for her will probably be that I made this just for her.

Pattern: Odessa, by the impressive Grumperina, available on MagKnits

Materials: Rowan Cashsoft DK (57% extra fine merino, 33% microfibre, 10% cashmere, 142 yd / 130m per 50g ball), 1 ball in Navy, color 514. 1 tube of size 6 multi colored beads from Joann, used about 1/3 of the tube.

Modifications: Instead of using US #4 for the cuff and US #6 for the body, I used US #5 (3.75mm) for the entire hat. I knit kind of loose and didn't like how smooshy the fabric was on the 6s. Going down a needle size made the circumference smaller, but I still started the swirl of decreases when the hat was 5.5 inches tall. It's a comfortable, not too snug fit.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home