sweetfigs   s w e e t   f i g s

   

                in pursuit of a fruitful life

               

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Your Mileage May Vary

So much for burning off some of the holiday calories this morning. It's a bitter 3 F/-16 C out there, which means I'll be commuting on the CTA instead of my trusty bicycle.

I have a great setup for inclement weather -- upright steel frame, full fenders, knobby tires, windproof pogies for my hands, and super bright lights -- but 20 F/-7 C is my limit. When it dips below that, I just can't keep my hands warm. The ride itself is not so bad, because my hands go numb, but warming up upon arrival is too painful. The high today is supposed to be a whopping 12 F/-11 C, so the bike is staying at home.

Wish I could stay home too, with Libby and the Regia Silk that is becoming a pair of socks, but I'm going to work and then my first yoga class of the new year. I'm test knitting a pattern so I can't show you a WIP pic, but I do love this yarn.
P1030976It's a souvenir from last autumn's vacation in Bavaria and Austria. We ended our trip in central Munich, just in time for Oktoberfest and a quick detour to the yarn boutique at the Ludwig Beck department store. I may have to find some more of it, in a color that's more fun than sensible grey.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

I think that leaving the bike at home today is a good idea. You certainly don't want those caring hands to go numb.

Yeah for test knitting! Can't wait for the reveal.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Navi said...

You're my hero for even thinking of biking with that cold weather, I can hardly walk from the heated car to the heated house at 3 C.

Yummy regia silk.

3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home