sweetfigs   s w e e t   f i g s

   

                in pursuit of a fruitful life

               

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Ha! A New P.R.!

Yesterday morning I decided to layer up for the trudge over the train station, beginning with the zipoff pants (so not sexy) I can wear over my regular clothes, and the next the thing you know I was dressed to ride my bike to work. So I rode.

I told myself that if it was too miserable getting to work I didn't have to ride home. According to the bank clock on the corner, it was 3 F /-16 C, so I rode fast and kept my hands in my windproof pogies the whole time, except for once when I signaled a left turn and once when I waved to the other crazy person I saw riding a bicycle. I think people are still off work this week because the traffic was really light and I made good time to the Loop. And it worked! My hands stayed warm and I never got that horrid pins and needles, stabbing, burning, ouch, ouch ouch, kill me now feeling when I got inside.
P1040047


So I've got a new Personal Record of winter riding. Baaaaaahahahahaha!

Riding home at 17 F/ -8 C wasn't much of a challenge. :-)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Holy Cow! That is something to be very proud of.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Brrrrrrrrr. Good to see you at KIP on Thursday. Glad you got home safely!

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home