sweetfigs   s w e e t   f i g s

   

                in pursuit of a fruitful life

               

Monday, September 11, 2006

FO Report -- Sewn Bag (KSKS kit completed)

Remember this fabric? Well it's been transformed into this:

My KSKS partner was hoping for something she could knit from while walking, so I put together this little backpack/ messenger bag. It didn't turn out perfectly, but I learned a lot and was fairly happy with the results.
There's a big pocket in the back for carrying a pattern or magazine and smaller pockets for carrying the yarn and gadgets. I also included a little key chain clip on one of the side panels, so she doesn't have to hunt. The top closes with an adjustable drawstring.
I enjoyed getting to know someone new through their blog and putting together this little sock knit kit for her. The pattern comes from The Keyboard Biologist and the yarn is hand dyed loveliness from Scout J, one of our swap organizers.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How on earth would you change the bag to make it perfect? That's a fabulous bag and you did a beautiful job, pattern lines up...it looks pretty darned perfect to me..just saying.
I love the photo of the figs, beautiful. I came over from Lene's blog, sorry I can't help you with the German translation, it's a very lovely shawl.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Katherine said...

I think that I have fallen in love with that olive/purple yarn. Oh my, it is lovely.

(found your blog through the Midwest Knitters loop -- you do beautiful work!)

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home