sweetfigs   s w e e t   f i g s

   

                in pursuit of a fruitful life

               

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Bohus Stickning, the sweaters I can't name

Here's the last of the photos from Susanna Hansson's Bohus Stickning workshop. She had names for all of vintage sweaters she brought, but I don't remmember them all.

This yellow one has a gorgeous combination of colors, including a strand of hot pink (click for bigger or to look at other views). It looked like it was never worn, but not many people are flattered by bright yellow:
sweetfigs8


I like this one almost as much as the Large Lace Collar. It reminds me of burnt toast:
sweetfigs11


Susanna must have said the name of this one about a dozen times. I think it was something like the Dark Palm:
sweetfigs18


Hats are probably my favorite type of handknit. I have lots of them, but I'm always thinking about more, and I wish this one was mine:
sweetfigs20

A pair of tams that were probably designed by the knitter:
sweetfigs16sweetfigs14

And, last but not least, a cardigan that's quite unlike the others. It's my favorite. Susanna pointed out that some of the triangles are purled and some are knit. Also, it's kind of felted (well-loved):
sweetfigs23
sweetfigs22

I didn't mention that Solveig Gustafsson offers a few kits for making a tam and scarf set or a hat and scarf set. I think I'm going to order the tam kit in the Large Lace Collar pattern.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger AlisonH said...

Wow--LOOK at those! Gorgeous!

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The top one is called LEMON and I think the one just below is TOBACCO.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home