sweetfigs   s w e e t   f i g s

   

                in pursuit of a fruitful life

               

Thursday, September 28, 2006

FO Report -- Sock Wars Socks of Doom for stringthing

After a bit of delay due to the effects of Hurricane Gordon on Northern Ireland, Yarn Monkey managed to post the official pattern for the Sock Wars Sock of Doom on Friday afternoon.

When I started knitting I had no idea how long it would take me to finish. I usually knit socks with fingering weight on US size 0/2 mm needles, but the Sock of Doom pattern calls for yarn that is twice as thick and US size 5/3.75 mm needles. I'm not a very fast knitter, but I can knit one of my usual socks in about a week, so maybe the Sock of Doom would take 3 days of dedicated knitting?

Et voile, a pair of soft red wool socks for stringthing:

I know the picture is blurry, but that's all I got before sending them off in the mail. It's photos like this that are making me think about a new digital camera.

Yarn: 2 strands of Dale Baby Ull (easy care superwash), with a strand of Fortissima Socka reinforcing yarn in the heels & toes. US shoe size womens 8, 53 grams each.

I'm waiting now to hear about their arrival and whether my target managed to send her completed socks out before she was killed.

In the meantime, I added about 6 inches to the red scarf I'm making for the Orphan Foundation.

I also finally succeded in adding a progress tracker to my sidebar. Woot!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Congrats on kncoking out your victim. I know what you mean about needing a new camera. And seeing such gorgeous pictures on other blogs doesn't help!

4:42 PM  
Blogger String said...

hey, the socks are lovely, and I just adressed the envelope to send the sock and a quarter i had done to you.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

I'm thinking your hands must be very tired after knitting those fabulous red socks. Time to take a break from knitting for awhile don't ya think?!? Wouldn't want any repetitive use strain injuries that could hamper your knitting future now would you. So when you get your half finished socks in a package from stringthings....pace yourself, take your time ;)

2:49 PM  
Blogger sweetfigs said...

maureen! OMG, you're my next target in Sock Wars!

uh, well, sure, maureen, but of course i'll be takin' my time with the PAIR OF SOCKS THAT ARE GOING TO TAKE YOU OUT. ;)

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home