sweetfigs   s w e e t   f i g s

   

                in pursuit of a fruitful life

               

Friday, April 06, 2007

Eye Candy Friday

Yes, I'm here and I'm still blogging! I've just had a very busy Spring. I've been at the yoga studio (mostly Vinyasa with the occasional Bikram or Ashtanga class), the swimming pool, caught up in a 2-week Ayurvedic spring cleanse, spring cleaning around the homestead, and most recently, studying Thai bodywork. To say I feel great is a bit of an understatement, but there's been little time for me to make stuff or take photographs.

At any rate, I was inspired to photograph these colorful, undyed eggs that I found at the local grocery store.
P1010162

Kalona Organics calls them Natural Beauties, and says they're laid by a South American hen called an Auracana, Ameraucana, or Easter Egg hen, and can be blue, green, grey, tan, olive, or even pink. I had no idea!

Have a great weekend, everyone, and Happy Easter to those who celebrate it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Oh, Rachel, they're lovely! They don't need a speck of dye as Mother Nature made them beautiful.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Navi said...

Beautiful eggs, I didn't even knew they existed and very good photo too.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home