sweetfigs   s w e e t   f i g s

   

                in pursuit of a fruitful life

               

Thursday, February 08, 2007

WIP Report -- Almost Lost in Translation scarf or shawl

Lib usually sleeps by herself on her own fluffy bed, but it's been so cold lately that we've been letting her get under the covers with us. This worked out great for 3 or 4 nights. The other night, though, she woke us up about a dozen times by poking D or me with a stiff arm, running in her sleep, or standing up, turning around at least 3 times, and then settling back in. Both D and I overslept and felt crummy all day, so Lib's been banished back to her own bed.

I don't have much crafting to show you. We've been back from vacay for a while now, but instead of crafting, I've been catching up on bloglines, reorganizing my stash and library, and buying yarn.

My only project lately has been my mom's red triangular scarf. It's the one based on this pattern:
PDRM2380


And it's the one that turned out too small, even though I achieved the pattern's dimensions. :(

My solution is to knit the piece at the top of this photo (which I did during the vacation), and then graft it onto the existing triangle. I'm not so sure I can graft lace, but doesn't it sound better than reknitting the whole thing?
P1000860


Lifelines are in place, so the plan is to graft and hopefully block this weekend. Wish me luck!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Best of luck, R. I'm confident you can do it!

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home