sweetfigs   s w e e t   f i g s

   

                in pursuit of a fruitful life

               

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Goodbye 2006!

OK, I didn't fall off the face of the earth. I was ill in mid December, then got busy with the December birthdays and the holiday parties, Christmas itself, and then there was New Year's Eve. Meanwhile the time for blogging was spent on an idea that just wasn't working. So I scraped the time-sucking bad idea and started fresh with this short post.

A quick recap of what's been going on. We've enjoyed lots of good company, no snow, some modest gift giving, and too many calories. Libby thought this Christmas was especially fun. The old gal tore around the house like a pup with her brand new BFF, Carson Lee:
P1000148


She also thought milk chocolate Charlie and dark chocolate Henry were grand:
P1000188


Good to know, Santa apparently reads my blog:
P1000348
These have come in handy for doing kiragami. When I get better at it, I'll post a photo.

We also got a special package all the way from the famous Nürnberger Christkindlesmarkt. My mom sent us this dainty little Santa ornament and a big box of yummy Pfeffernüsse, Lebkuchen, Marzipan, and chocolates. When I first showed D the German sweets, he was unimpressed, but has since been gobbling up the Lebkuchen squares. I know the market has long since packed up and moved away, but don't miss the the charming snapshots blogger Natalja took during her visit in December.

P1000362


I didn't finish our felted Christmas stockings, but I did knit the scarf my mom requested. I changed the yarn and needle gauge but added extra repeats.
P1000359P1000294
The good news: I still achieved the intended dimensions. The bad news: it's small. It's about the size of a handtowel, so it's kind of hard to keep on my shoulders. The question now is whether I should try to enlarge it by grafting some repeats onto the top. Grafting live lace is probably asking for trouble, though, so this WIP has gone to the back burner.

That's all I can manage for now. I've got some good ideas for 2007, so come back soon to see what's currently on the needles.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back, Miss R. Libby looks so happy with her friends.

All the best in Aught seven!

3:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like Libby had some extra fun holidays. The scarf is beautiful...and that ornament, so very pretty!

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home