sweetfigs   s w e e t   f i g s

   

                in pursuit of a fruitful life

               

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Sock Wars Wrap Up

Yesterday afternoon I received a squishy package from one of the Sock Warriors I assassinated, North Vancouver blogger 5 And A Beagle. She's dead so she was passing along the socks she started for Cleveland, Ohio blogger iheartknitting.PDRM2846
I wish these were mine.

The green yarn is some super soft Debbie Bliss Merino DK and the white yarn is Steinbach Wolle Supersport Effekt that was extra from the toes of the Peppermint Socks of Doom.

And check out that cool Latvian Twist Cast On. I couldn't decipher how she did it, so I'm hoping 5 And A Beagle will clue me in.

PDRM2851I was assassinated by the Cirque du Soleil socks from Opus, so I had to mail the green & white ones to him in New Hampshire.

While the socks stayed overnight at my house, I added a few rounds of ribbing to the legs.

That meant I just didn't have time last night to wreck stabilize my embroidery project by attaching a piece of fusible interfacing to the back of it with a super hot iron.

I think there are about 165 knitters still in the tournament, down from the original 773(?). Go Opus go!

3 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

Glad to see you got the package. The latvian twist is actually quite easy. It's a slight modification of a pattern in Nancy Bush's "Knitting for the Road" book. I'll e-mail you some directions.

Love your pics from Chicago!!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Glad to see you got the package. The latvian twist is actually quite easy. It's a slight modification of a pattern in Nancy Bush's "Knitting for the Road" book. I'll e-mail you some directions.

Love your pics from Chicago!!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Funny it posted twice...one must have come from the grave. I am, as you stated, 'dead' after all ;)

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home