sweetfigs   s w e e t   f i g s

   

                in pursuit of a fruitful life

               

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween

I had big scraps of black paper left over from my DIY poster framing project. Nice, handmade Japanese paper from the paper store, but since I don't do much paper-crafting, it was just going to lay around the house. So I got busy with the scissors and made a colony of bats in time for Halloween. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Usually the weather turns lousy just in time for the Trick or Treaters. Rain, or few years ago we even got snow. Then the next day it's beautiful outside.

Tonight's weather, however, should be decent -- dry and cold enough for the kids to wear their costumes and not sweat to death -- 28 º F/4 º C. Which means we'll get lots of kids at the door.

D swears that we've got enough Snickers, Butterfingers, and Twix, but I'm not so sure and I'm going to pick up some more chocolate this afternoon. I think last year he went to a yoga class or something, and I was home alone when the candy ran out and I had to turn out the lights and hide. Right now, our "back up" candy is Smarties and caramels, and I don't want to be that house with the disappointing treats or lights out.

Lib's ready to greet the hordes.Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Here's hoping all your treats are just right.Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It all looks like great fun, and personally, I'd go for the Figments!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Awww, Libby makes a cute pumpkin!
Happy Halloween!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Corinne said...

We had no trick or treaters in my neighborhood, and I was prepared! Loose change makes a good substitute when you run out of candy, and everyone will like your house if you give that.

11:53 PM  
Blogger Trope said...

Get this; my spouse is the one who LIKES the Smarties! And we ran out last year, too, so we bought extra this time and we've got a whole bucket of Smarties and Sprees that will last us all year. Ugh. I think he was just afraid that I would eat all the chocolate...

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home