sweetfigs   s w e e t   f i g s

   

                in pursuit of a fruitful life

               

Friday, October 13, 2006

Eye Candy Friday and An Offer to Swap

PDRM2713
Happy Friday People! I found these berries last weekend at the Chicago Botanic Garden. There was no identification on the tree. They might be some kind of gooseberry?

A now for something completely different. Send an email to my gmail account if you would like to knit and swap tiny sweaters to be used as holiday ornaments.

I've been wanting to decorate a winter wreath or an I-cord clothesline with assorted sweaters. Over the summer I had plans to set up a swap page, complete with photos pattern links, and multiple deadlines for early birds and later swappers, but the administrative duties have been too much for me. Plus have you seen all the WIPs in my sidebar?

So here it is, a much less ambitious swap idea.

Make a sweater that is about palm-sized by using yarn from your stash and one of the free patterns graciously offered by Julia of Mind of Winter or Jackie of Heart Strings Fiber Arts . Swap with me by putting a tiny sweater in the mail at the end of the Thanksgiving Weekend, Monday, November 27, 2006. That way we'll have sweaters in time to decorate the house or gifts in December. If this sounds like fun to you, send an email to my gmail address. ;)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Oh - this sounds like a wonderful idea.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home