sweetfigs   s w e e t   f i g s

   

                in pursuit of a fruitful life

               

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Almost an FO

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I'm trying a different photo host this morning, so if you can't see two photos here, that's why.

The embellishment for the tote bag I'm making is almost done.

I've finished with all the embroidery. The next step is to attach a piece of fusible interfacing to the back of the piece, to help keep all those little loops of embroidery thread from pulling out. Then I will tack the embellishment to the tote with a little sewing thread.

After doing all this work, I'm a little nervous, ok, very nervous, about putting a hot iron on it. Not only putting a hot iron on it, but leaving it there. I guess it's a little like steeking for some people.

3 Comments:

Blogger CjSachiko said...

Is it "punch needle" embroidery? I was wondering how I was going to finish off the one I have and I think I may use your idea of fusible interfacing to hold the loops on the back. Thanks!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Wowee! That is beautiful.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Corinne said...

I love how that turned out. Your swap recipient is really lucky, all that hard work you put in to that project.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home