sweetfigs   s w e e t   f i g s

   

                in pursuit of a fruitful life

               

Friday, September 22, 2006

I'm Soooo Ready for Sock Wars 2006

Here it is, finally, the big day, the 22nd of September. The first day of Sock Wars 2006. So far it is like watching paint dry.

I've just been sitting around waiting for an email from YarnMonkey, the Belfast knitter who is organizing about 800 of us in an international knit off. Today is the day we are to receive the details of our first targets. To take out a target, you must knit them a pair of socks in the official pattern and send the pair off in the mail. If your target receives your socks before they have finished delivering a pair to their target, they are out of the tournament.

Since Belfast is 6 hours ahead of Chicago, I was hoping Yarnmonkey's email would be sitting in my inbox when I woke up this morning. Then I could cast on before I went to work and make a little progress during the commute. Nope. Not gonna happen. Arrgh!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I *does* sound like fun, sockwars...and you'll get a pair of socks out of the deal! What's the 'official' pattern? just a basic sock?
Good luck! I couldn't 'see' your post yesterday, Libby is such a beauty, I'm glad to hear she's feeling well and I'm also hoping her stumble was due to age and not anything else.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Persnickety Knitter said...

I know what you mean. I'm anxious to start, too. However, I just read something on the Sock Wars forum about a hurricane in Belfast that is causing power outages. So maybe that is what is slowing things down.

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm almost done with my socks...but no dossier yet! I know who I'm knitting from Yarn-Monkey's blog and I've emailed her, but no word yet. Hopefully she'll cooperate.

Good luck!

5:19 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Hope you got the email this weekend! What a fun game to play. Here's to fast knitting!

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home