sweetfigs   s w e e t   f i g s

   

                in pursuit of a fruitful life

               

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Guten Morgen, Stricker. Sprechen Sie Englisch?


Isn't this a pretty shawl? I love the little lacy holes and the scalloped border.

My mother, who lives in Bavaria and does not knit, found the pattern and asked me to make it for her. OK! I'd love to! We picked out some soft red yarn and I'm all ready to start knitting.

The only problem is that the pattern is in German and I don't speak German.

I tried running the instructions through a German-to-English translation website (OK, lots of different websites), but they still don't make sense to me. See for yourself
Triangle cloth, size of 104 x 50 cm:
Basic pattern: See diagram 2. Represented are only Hinreihe. In the Rückr M STR., like them, U appear left knit to 1 x the 1. - 14. R work. then 3. - 14 R always repeat 1 small box = 1 M and 2 R.
Dreiecktuch: 147 M with needles No. 5.5 fasten and directly in the basic pattern work in each 2. R is drawn removed reciprocally per 1 from M as in the diagram 2 in. After approximately 50 overall height remaining 3M abketten.
Completion: The edges of the Dreicktuches as follows umhäkeln: *1 fe M, 2 M change, 5 Stb together into 1 parting place, 2 M ignore, ab* always repeat, with 1 fe M end.


Can anyone help me with the German-to-English translation? Pretty please? Please email me at gmail if you are willing to try.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

öhm where can I find the email?

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant where is your email adress?

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by, there's something about your fig photo, love the colours, it's just an incredible photo.
Have you checked around for German knitting blogs? I know Lene...Dances with Wool is in Finland, perhaps she could direct you?
Good luck.

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just been reading through some of your posts, fell in love with Libby, has she recovered from the Lyme disease?

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a beautiful shawl! i hope you find a translation

11:34 AM  
Blogger sweetfigs said...

The marvelous Sibylle has come to my rescue! I'm out of town right now, but I'll post an update within a few days.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home