sweetfigs   s w e e t   f i g s

   

                in pursuit of a fruitful life

               

Monday, August 14, 2006

FO Report -- A Sewn Handbag


Posted by Picasa




I'm back!

I got a little overloaded from the heatwave, lack of sleep, and too much to do, so I took a little break from blogging. I still need a few more nights of solid sleep, but I'm feeling better.

I managed to finish this handbag! It's a little sweet /twee /Laura Ashley for my taste, but I won't mind carrying it from time to time. The exterior is a remnant of cotton upholstery fabric from the sale table, the lining is cotton duck, and the corners and strap are pleather.

I like how the zipper extends upward into the handles, and gives the top of the bag a little structure. I dropped it off at the cobbler's so that he could put the brass rivets in the strap, which added $6 to the final cost, but I think they make the bag look more finished.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home