sweetfigs   s w e e t   f i g s

   

                in pursuit of a fruitful life

               

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Dogs love cheese!

I'm glad the heatwave broke because I've been wanting to get in the kitchen to make some cheese dog crackers.

I make cheese or peanut butter dog treats a few times a year, esp. around the holidays and when the man in my life needs "cookies" for a bakesale.

This time the inspiration was the two little guys that live with my KSKS swap partner.

I use the good stuff for these homemade treats -- whole wheat flour, fresh cornmeal, real cheese, butter, etc.

Here's my squirrel-shaped cookie cutter in action.

Libby was happy to be the taste tester.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

What a good girl.
There's no way Casey would sit that still with food on his snout, plus he would be drooling like crazy!

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I found it! LOL. Cute picture of Libby. Seems like torture to tease her like that.

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm loving Libby.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

What a patient pooch. I have a beagle while he'll wait for a second or two for the signal to GO, I don't think his will would be strong enough to wait through a portait sitting with a treat on his snout. Great picture!

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home