sweetfigs   s w e e t   f i g s

   

                in pursuit of a fruitful life

               

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Sewing machine in a ditch

I don't sew very often, but I've been on a roll lately, making handbags and a simple skirt. So I decided to sew a project bag for my ksks swap partner. We're on a short deadline with this swap, but I'm starting well in advance, so that I'll have time to think through the little custom details.

Last week my sewing machine was lurching a little, so I decided to give it some oil. The paper shredder's oil bottle was sitting out, so I grabbed that and .... uh, totally gummed up the machine. It's lurching eVen MoREe this week, and I'm going to have to take it to the shop. According to this website, my Necchi Julia Supernova from the 1960s is the pinnacle of Necchis, so I hope I haven't done permanent damage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home