sweetfigs   s w e e t   f i g s

   

                in pursuit of a fruitful life

               

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Liberty

 

This is my amazing dog Liberty a/k/a Libby.

She's a 68 pound blue Weimariner and will be 7 years old this month.

The photo was taken on the 4th of July, while we were in the U.P. We had just returned from the parade in town, and she's wearing some of the beads that were thrown from a float.

I wish that I could take Libby with me every where I go, and I think she feels the same way. Sometimes this is not so good. When Mr. SweetFigs and I squeezed into the Laser for a quick sail (it's built for just one person), Libby swam out into the lake to join us. He hauled her up into the sailboat and then shifted her weight from side to side when I tacked.

We think that over the 4th of July week she was bitten by a tick carrying Lyme Disease. We're waiting for blood test results, but since the potential for permanent nerve & joint damage is so bad, we've already started the treatment.

If she winds up with chronic pain, she probably wouldn't be swimming out to join us in the dinky sail boat.  Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pretty girl. I hope her test results come back negative!

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice...I have a silver weimaraner named Shadow, about 1 1/2 yrs old. She's a real hoot. They are loyal and highly intelligent dogs.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home