sweetfigs   s w e e t   f i g s

   

                in pursuit of a fruitful life

               

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Jaywalkers for Kermit the Frog


I started using Google's new Picasa2 to upload pictures. Sometimes they upload properly and sometimes they don't. I'm not sure if it's me or the beta ware that's messing things up.

I modified the heel on the Jaywalkers and had to guess a little at the appropropriate length. The PGR is not my usual heel technique, so I erred on the side of being a little big instead of too small.

After I knit part of the foot I tried the sock on again and decided the heel was going to be just way too big. The white knitting needle in the photo marks off the excess rows -- there are approximately 8 (4 on back of heel & 4 on bottom of heel). So the Jaywalkers have gone to the frog pond.

Instead of leaving 8 stiches unwrapped, I may leave as many as 12 unwrapped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home